The merger of the UK’s two major hospitality trade associations – the BHA and the ALMR – will create a new body, UKHospitality, which will actively speak out for the UK’s third largest private sector employer, which combined directly generates £130bn of revenue each year.
Key headlines from this transformational collaboration include:
- The new body will bring together businesses from all aspects of hospitality – pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, hotels, leisure parks, contract caterers, entertainment and visitor attractions
- UKHospitality will actively speak for these combined industries on the big strategic, structural and regulatory issues and deliver policies to support its strong growth trajectory
- Hospitality represents 10% of UK employment, 6% of businesses and 5% of GDP
- Hospitality is the 3rd largest private sector employer in the UK – double the size of financial services and bigger than automotive, pharmaceuticals and aerospace combined
- The sector is calling for a dedicated Minister to champion the industry at home and abroad and a sector deal, brokered with government, to support skills and productivity