Have you considered Crowd Funding for developing your services, growing your business or starting up a new venture?
Glen Rothay Hotel’s doing it >
Silo Brighton did it >
Crowdfunding offers the opportunity to finance ventures, at a time when there’s not as many alternative sources for raising capital. So is it for you?
As a great way to raise your profile and gain PR, Crowdfunding exposes you to other businesses, influencers and communities and at the same time provides invaluable market info and insights from investors. However, there is no support program built into the investment – no business coach or support program that is traditionally offered through business banking etc. You need to deliver.
Crowdfunding may not be for everyone (there is a definate stance towards charitable and ethical organisations… people love a good backstory), but it is a real source of finance if you are able to engage the investors.
The merger of the UK’s two major hospitality trade associations – the BHA and the ALMR – will create a new body, UKHospitality, which will actively speak out for the UK’s third largest private sector employer, which combined directly generates £130bn of revenue each year.
Key headlines from this transformational collaboration include:
- The new body will bring together businesses from all aspects of hospitality – pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, hotels, leisure parks, contract caterers, entertainment and visitor attractions
- UKHospitality will actively speak for these combined industries on the big strategic, structural and regulatory issues and deliver policies to support its strong growth trajectory
- Hospitality represents 10% of UK employment, 6% of businesses and 5% of GDP
- Hospitality is the 3rd largest private sector employer in the UK – double the size of financial services and bigger than automotive, pharmaceuticals and aerospace combined
- The sector is calling for a dedicated Minister to champion the industry at home and abroad and a sector deal, brokered with government, to support skills and productivity
Read more >